- December 5, 2017
- Posted by: admin-jonel
- Category: cylinders, Hydraulic design, Hydraulic Jacks
As an authorised Enerpac Distributor and Service Centre with locations in Auckland and Christchurch, Jonel Hydraulics is increasingly seeing cases of warranty claims for ‘Enerpac look-alike’ cylinders and hydraulic tools that have broken down or worn out prematurely. This means that the owners of theses imitation hydraulic tools and cylinders end up losing money both on project down-time; and on replacing copy-cat cylinders when they find out that they are not eligible for Enerpac warranty.
“We sympathise with unwitting purchasers of look-alikes, because the imitation cylinders and tools are passed off as and painted to look nearly identically to Enerpac cylinders. The catalogue of one look-alike is nearly a mirror image of ours. It uses the same layout, almost indistinguishable product coding” says Jonel’s Enerpac Specialist.
People buy genuine Enerpac cylinders and hydraulic tooling because they trust that they will own a top-quality product and have access to expert servicing, technical support and full manufacturer warranty.
These look-alike products can appear identical apart from missing an Enerpac logos, and genuine Enerpac manufacture codes and serial numbers.
The imitation cylinders, pump and hoses expose operators and businesses to safety issues, cost and downtime risks as they do not offer the same quality, traceability, performance and reliability as genuine Enerpac tooling.
Buy 100% Genuine Enerpac for:
- Safety: Safety is one of our top priorities. Safety compliance, traceability and avoidance of downtime are deeply embedded in Enerpac’s culture.
- Local Support & Service: Jonel’s long-established sales & service network within NZ has provided hydraulic expertise, backed up by staff training at Enerpac facility in Sydney.
- World Class Manufacturing: All Enerpac manufacturing facilities produce products that comply with all the major industry quality standard certifications recognised globally.
Owners and Managers are responsible for providing tooling to staff, endangering the safety of operators and the project success. If something goes wrong during a 50 or 100-tonne lift or pressing operation, for example, the consequences can be immediate and devastating.
Quite apart from the legal ramifications of an accident – the duty of care towards employees and equipment operators – it can be a hell if a job worth multiple thousands, or even millions fails because someone bought a cheaper non-genuine part.
Tips to protect your business from imitation tooling
- Specify the use of only branded, quality equipment – dealing direct with authorised Enerpac distributor like Jonel gives you the reassurance of full service backing, guarantees and traceability.
- If in any doubt, check with Jonel Hydraulics to ensure that the products being quoted are the products that they are represented to be.
- Thoroughly familiarise staff with correct safety procedures through our on-site or in-house training courses and if in doubt, ask Jonel Hydraulics for support.
Are counterfeit hydraulic tools compromising your safety?
Counterfeit tools may look the same as Enerpac tools, but they are far from it. They have not passed the same rigorous certification and testing, they do not have the same traceability.
Is it worth the risk buying counterfeit products when operating 700 Bar tools?
Always ask for 100% Genuine Enerpac hydraulic tools. Buy 100% Genuine Enerpac for:
- Safety: Safety is one of our top priorities. Safety compliance, traceability and avoidance of downtime are deeply embedded in Enerpac’s culture, and are part of who we are.
- Local Support & Service: For over 50 years an established sales & service network has provided New Zealand with local support and hydraulic expertise.
- World Class Manufacturing: All of our manufacturing facilities produce products that comply with the major industry quality standard certifications recognised globally.
- Capabilities & Expertise: We have decades of experience developing hydraulic systems and technology.
Concerned? Speak with Jonel Hydraulics on 0800 566 357.