Fulton Hogan stressing cylinders
- October 16, 2016
- Posted by: admin-jonel
October 2014, News Source: NZTA
Fulton Hogan’s Mobile 1000T Stressing Bed in New Plymouth for upgrade of SH3 from Vickers to Hobson Rd and the construction of a new bridge required:
- 2x 500T Double Acting Stressing Cylinders
- 1x High capacity 3 Phase Pump w/Calibrated Gauge and Hoses
- 1x PJJ6S 30T Mono Strand Stressing Jack
- 80x 15.2mm Multiuse Wedge and Barrels
- 1x Calibration and Services to an existing Pump set and repairs to 2x Riken 500T Cylinders
SH3 is an important route for people to travel to and from New Plymouth City and is also relied on heavily by freight moving to and from Port Taranaki and Bell Block. It is also the only route to the north and east of New Plymouth making it important to the Taranaki economy and critical that traffic flows freely along it.
Key benefits the project will deliver include making better use of the existing route, improving capacity, ease congestion, reducing travel times, providing a high quality freight route to the north and east of New Plymouth city, improving walking and cycling facilities and providing a more resilient and secure transport network for the region.
These factors will support economic growth in the region by moving people and freight more efficiently.
Safety will be improved and the annual crash savings within 10 years of opening the project will be approximately $100,000 a year, and more benefits to local economy
Key project features
Changes will be made at seven specific locations along SH3 from Vickers Road to Hobson St.
- installing a second bridge over the Waiwhakaiho River
- installing a second bridge over the Te Henui Stream
- creating two lanes in each direction along most of the route
- improving intersection layouts
- installing painted median lanes
- improving walking and cycling opportunities.